My game is going to be about childrens nutrition. I think this is important because many Americans today do not eat healthy. They wold rather eat at a McDonald's or Wendy's instead of as healthier home made meal. I believe that if you teach children good habits at an early age these will stick with them for a life time, leading to a healther life. Here are some links that will help in learning about nutrition:
http://edtech.kennesaw.edu/web/nutrit.html - This website gives you links to many websites about nutrition that can be helpful.
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/food/kidsnutrition/kids-2.htm - This link tells you alot about the food pyramid and what each section is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrition - This is a broad overview of what nutrition is. This can help you better understand what it is so you can have the proper information.
http://www.parentdish.com/2010/09/29/goodbye-junk-food-school-study-finds-teaching-good-nutrition-ca/ - This newspaper article shows interesting information. It says that kids will accually prefer healthy food over junk foor id they start eating it at an early age.
http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_gAC9-wMJ8QY0MDpxBDA09nXw9DFxcXQ-cAA_1wkA5kFaGuQBXeASbmnu4uBgbe5hB5AxzA0UDfzyM_N1W_IDs7zdFRUREAZXAypA!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfUDhNVlZMVDMxMEJUMTBJQ01IMURERDFDUDA!/?contentidonly=true&contentid=2010%2F09%2F0490.xml - I found this helpfull because it accually discusses nutrition and games. I like this because this is what I am going to be doing.
You may want to check out some of the things two of my students are doing on this same topic:
ReplyDelete*The Human Abstract Team
*Cut the Fat Team